Living with Jesus Now
This page is part of the Jesus Then and Now project and acts as a gateway to resources for living the way of Jesus now.
Welcome to this community of open discourse seeking to mine the wisdom of Jesus for the Third Millennium. Join this exploration about how knowledge of "Jesus Then" can lead us, as John Spong says, to live fully, to love wastefully, and to be the best that we can be.
Or, how does following the historical Jesus enable us to live fully and fruitfully in the 21st century?
Or, what can we adapt from Jesusâ program and teaching to help us along the way and allow us to experience the undergirding beauty of life and existence?
We would love to know where/how/when you have found alternatives that work, how they work/where/when and at what cost - across the board.
From our survey, we hope to develop a comprehensive collection of concrete, workable alternatives.
- Jesus Now - Basileia - living in violent and oppressive cultures
- Jesus Now - Community - new patterns for life in neighborhood and town/city, province and nation
- Jesus Now - Creativity and Arts - poems, prayers, texts - and more
- Jesus Now - Ekklesia - emerging new forms of the Jesus assembly
- Jesus Now - Ekonomia - focus on Households and Intentional Kinship Options
- Jesus Now - Environment - ecology, EcoFeminism, Green Theology
- Jesus Now - Lectionary - resources for preaching and worship
- Jesus Now - MetaPhysics - exploring the intersections of philoshopy, science and theology
- Jesus Now - Peace and Justice - action for justice and peace
- Jesus Now - Personal Life - disciplines and resources for personal holiness
- Jesus Now - Sex and Sexuality - intersections of gender, identity, sexuality and theology
To subscribe for updates and new essays simply flag any pages that you wish to watch by clicking the WATCH tab at the top of every wiki page.